10 easy solutions for anemia
The anemia is a decreased concentration of hemoglobin in the blood.The most common cause is lack of iron (iron deficiency anemia),but can also be caused by some diseases.
For people who often suffer from iron deficiency anemia, we present some very iron-rich foods as well as simple and effective tips to follow daily.
What are the symptoms?
- Asthenia or fatigue;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Muscle fatigue;
- Headache ;
- Problems of view;
- Insomnia ;
- Poor concentration;
- Menstruation amended;
- Fluid retention ;
What to do?
If you present any of the symptoms mentioned above and suspicion it may be anemia, immediately see a doctor to realize that diagnosis and treatment.
In many cases, the doctor will prescribe an iron supplement. We must guard us about these supplements, they are oxidizers and may favor injuries, gastritis and malaise stomach .
And to try to offer the maximum amount of iron in the most natural way possible to your body, be sure to follow the following tips.
10 simple tips
- Lemon juice: the lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C,which helps us better absorb iron from food. An easy option to take advantage of its benefits is to prepare your plate during meals and temper it with a few drops of lemon, especially when these foods are rich in iron. For example, as meat, fish and salads.
- Pollen: pollen increases red blood cell production, and have many other health properties. You can consume a daily teaspoon of crushed pollen ingested in the morning, mixed with water or juice.
- Pine nuts: the pine nuts have a high iron content. They can be quickly browned and also ground to mix with meals. They are ideal for children with anemia.
- Pistachio: pistachio's nutritional values are similar to the pinion, however, the pistachio has more protein and less fat. It is very rich in iron and, in addition, contains vitamin C, which aids in iron assimilation. It is recommended especially for athletes.
- Alfalfa sprouts: the germinated alfalfa is very rich in minerals such as iron, which even gives us a lot of vitality . Therefore, we recommend consuming it daily, as an accompaniment on our plates. It can be bought ready made or can germinate it at home, keeping the seeds at a constant moisture for several days. We can also use special containers to germinate seeds from all over the type.
- Multicolored salads: a raw, fresh and full salad is a wonderful source of iron. I do not mean just lettuce and tomato. But the salads composed of sprouted, dried fruit, raw spinach, arugula, watercress, peppers, carrots, apple, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, seasoned with olive oil pressed cold and drops of lemon.
- Drinks wheat and corn: a good substitute for cow's milk are the vegetable drinks. In this case, we recommend two of them, very healthy and rich in iron, the wheat and corn.
- Lentils: always recommended in cases such as anemia. In winter and cold seasons, we consume them in soups, it is perhaps the most common way. But let us not forget them in the summer, which is when we more likely to suffer from anemia, since we can prepare them in cold salads, warm creams or germinated, as previously indicated for alfalfa.
- Sunbathing: take daily sunbathing, it helps to set the minerals that our body consumes. You must realize the sun in the morning, very early, or at dusk. They can even be alternated with cold showers.
- Abundant Periods: for women, we must consider that the periods abundant . can be a cause of anemia Therefore, there should be a major concern in consuming foods rich in iron, but in regular menstruation. We can take infusions or nettle extracts, gentian and ponytail.
In some cases, anemia may be associated with autoimmune disease. If this is the case or if you have important genetic factors for the onset of the disease, we recommend avoiding or minimizing the consumption of dairy milk .
Natural juices to treat and prevent anemia
Anemia happens when we have an iron deficiency in our body. It is a very common thing to happen to women in situations as heavy bleeding or a poor diet. These are some of the determining factors for the problem from occurring and suffer its consequences.
The iron is present in the blood that our basic body to synthesize the red blood cells and hemoglobin. They are carrying oxygen from the lungs to the cells, an indispensable function that when we suffer anemia, is affected and because many of the known effects of the disease: fatigue, hair and brittle nails, pallor, palpitations ...
Then offer the recipe for some very effective natural juices to treat anemia, they are healthy and delicious. You want to know them?Check!
Juices to treat anemia
Juice of beets and carrots
The beet contains a superb iron content, which will help us to treat anemia. If we add to it the carrot , we will help to assimilate its absorption. Another excellent ally to treat iron deficiency anemia type (iron deficiency).
- A beet
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons brewers yeast soup
- A glass of water
Start by washing and cutting the beets and carrots. put them in a blender with a glass of water and mix everything until a homogeneous consistency, finally, add the yeast beer. Drink it every day in the morning.
The taste of this juice is somewhat strong, but you ensure that it is an excellent remedy to treat anemia. The salsa has a high iron content and, when combined with lemon juice, will help you to better assimilate this element. The ideal is to take this juice before meals.
- Some leaves of parsley (6 to 8 sprigs)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
Wash the ingredients and then cut into small pieces parsley and take it to the blender with a glass of water. Then, extract the juice of one lemon and place it in a blender. Beat all. The flavor is a little strong, but try to take it as a necessary remedy to treat their anemia.Remember that the iron salsa is better absorbed in the intestine when associate with lemon juice.
Spinach juice, beetroot and watercress
. It is a very nutritious juice and with an amazing iron content It will include vegetables with the highest amount of this essential element: spinach, watercress, radishes and beets. A tasty juice can be taken, for example, before dinner. An ideal complement to the daily nutrition and to treat anemia. Then write down:
- 6 to 7 leaves watercress
- 3 radishes
- 1 beet
- 6 to 7 spinach leaves
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon yeast soup
Wash all the ingredients. Then take the watercress, radishes, spinach and beets, all cut to pieces, the blender.
Add the glass of water and mix everything well until a homogeneous mixture. It will have a brown color characteristic of beet. Once you get the juice, add a small dose of brewer's yeast, which is a perfect complement to increase the dose of iron.
Drink the juice slowly, it is important to consume all these newly juices ready, that's the best way to avail ourselves of its nutrients and the necessary iron content, essential to treat anemia.
Be sure to include them in your diet, however you do not like, and remember to take them every day.
Foods and recipes to treat anemia
Anemia is a condition considerable decrease the amount of red blood cells which transport oxygen to the body tissues.
The shortage of red blood cells generates symptoms such as fatigue, chest pain, pale skin, dizziness, cold hands and feet and cognitive impairment, among others. So one is recommended healthy diet, rich in specific foods to prevent or improve the symptoms of anemia .
Proper foods to treat anemia
FOODS RICH IN VITAMIN C
When it comes to completely correct the iron deficiency and symptoms produced by anemia, you can use iron supplements with vitamin C to increase the absorption of the same.
Vitamin C is found in fruits such as acerola, citrus, strawberries, kiwis, broccoli, spinach and peppers, among others.
It helps increase the absorption of iron in the bloodstream, and can also be found in fruit juices, such as orange, apple, pineapple, grapefruit and mango or even take a vitamin containing sources of iron and vitamin C. The juices not must contain sugar.
RICH FOODS Vitamin B12
Another type of anemia can be produced by vitamin B12 deficiency, so it is important to consume foods that contain this vitamin widely as shellfish, fish such as tuna or sardines and other foods with smaller quantities also apply, such as meat, milk, eggs and fortified cereals, containing 25-30% of vitamin B12, algae and yeast.
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause pernicious anemia, which is inability to absorb this vitamin due to an autoimmune disorder,this kind of anemia can develop from the moment we do not consume B12 enough to supply the organism.
RICH IN IRON FOOD
Iron deficiency anemia is a condition where there is not enough iron in the body, and thus it becomes impossible to produce the required amount of hemoglobin for transporting oxygen and other nutrients to the tissues.
To prevent this type of anemia is necessary to consume foods rich in iron such as red meat, liver, cereals fortified with iron, dried fruits, such as prunes, raisins and green leafy vegetables such as spinach, collard greens and their juices, vegetables, nuts and baked potatoes, to prevent iron deficiency.
FOODS TO BE AVOIDED IN THE EVENT OF ANEMIA IRON LACK
When the anemia is due to iron, it is important not consummated coffee or tea with meals, as they may inhibit the absorption of iron; moreover, calcium can inhibit iron intake, so it is also important to avoid dairy and instead using soy milk, rice or other vegetable beverages.
SALADS RAW AGAINST ANEMIA
Since most foods are more effective against anemia if consumed raw, we teach some recipes of salads that are true allies in combating this problem.
3 nettle leaves (large sheets)
3 cabbage leaves
Pass all the centrifuge and use 10 to 20 minutes before lunch.
5 young spinach leaves
3 cabbage leaves with stalks
The same as the above recipe.
1/2 cup arugula
3 tablespoons (soup) of parsley
4 tablespoons (soup) of grated carrot
2 tablespoons (soup) of chopped onion
Add all the ingredients in a bowl, season with lemon and salt and consume as salad.
1/2 cup arugula
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 tomato mincemeat
2 tablespoons (soup) of chopped onion
Combine all ingredients, season with lemon, 1/2 avocado and salt, consume as salad.